College student's priorities: sleep, food, sports, class. In that order.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Giving Back: Working Out for a Cause

Ok folks, here's the deal.  I have recently become aware of an organization called Love146.  The organization raises money to put an end to child sex slavery all over the world.  Every year they do a campaign call "Tread on Trafficking" in which people can sign up to become "treaders" and raise money trough working out.  I decided a couple of weeks ago that I am certainly going to do this next year through my summer workouts.  I decided to do it next summer because I figured since they are already started this year I'll just wait.  However, I still wanted to throw the idea out there.  Right now I am debating if I should just start doing it now since there are only 18 days left in the 30 day fundraiser and I think it would be a lot of fun.  My only concern is that I would get started and it would just flop; or, me being me, I would be all about it for about a week or two and then the fire would die down.  I figured the least I could do is write something about it and throw it into the world for others to see.  I am hoping that the opportunity will be available again before next summer so I can jump on the bandwagon for the full month next time.

For those of you that would like to learn more about the organization and what they are fighting against, you can visit their website here.

If you would like to donate to the cause you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment