College student's priorities: sleep, food, sports, class. In that order.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Life Starring Me

Ever feel like you're starring in your own movie?  I have.  Especially since I've been here at the Treat.

I was walking to class this morning listening to my iPod and got the feeling I was just the character in a movie on the big screen.  I don't know why, but I just felt like life wasn't real at the moment.  It must have been the stillness I felt walking through campus at that moment.  Or maybe the realization that dreams come true when you least expect them to.

I was thinking about this realization while I was walking back to my dorm from my math class a few minutes ago.  I'm still amazed that I'm where I am right now.  I mean, this place (college, not necessarily Montreat) has been a dream of mine for the past several years and now I'm living it.  I'm astonished everyday that I'm lucky enough to be here, especially on a volleyball scholarship, which also happens to be a dream come true for me.

Maybe this absence of reality is just the pure joy I feel everyday when I wake up,  even if the alarm is screaming at 7am.  I found myself smiling uncontrollably as I walked through campus this morning for no reason.  For all I know it could have just been the song playing at the moment (Maybe by Everly), which is playing as I'm writing this.  But, me being me I have to believe that it was just a good moment with me, God, and the music playing in the background.  Either way you spin it, it was a good time where I just basked in the beauty of living out my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment