College student's priorities: sleep, food, sports, class. In that order.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Break... What a splendiferous time!

I've been meaning to post about fall break for a week now, but I hit the ground running with I got back to campus on Sunday.  So, here I am now to fill everyone in on the fantastic fall break I had.

 For starters, my sister Brit was in town for all of break, which allowed me to regain some of my sanity which I have lost a lot of since being away at school.  She arrived on Tuesday, went to one of my classes on Wednesday, and off to grandmother's house we were! Thursday involved a trip to Raleigh to see some giant gummy bears.  Yes, see.  Not devour, or even taste, but see.  Pretty disappointing to drive 45 minutes away to see a giant gummy bear, but it was still fun.  There were half pound gummy bears too... on a stick!


Later Thursday night Brit and I carved pumpkins for my grandma.  They turned out pretty spectacular, though, grandma couldn't tell what mine was... It was an owl, she thought it was a cat.  Anyway, carving pumpkins was an absolute blast because I wasn't expecting them to come out nearly as good as they did!  Not to mention the guts may be gross but they sure are fun too!  See for yourself!


Friday was rather laid back.  Brit and I had the day to ourselves because the grandparents both had to work.  We spent the day crafting it up, but not before having some delicious Steak n' Shake.  Brit had been craving some for awhile since there are none in California.  She started painting an "S" for my dorm room while I finished this masterpiece...



The "S" went home to California with Brit so she could finish painting it and the crayon art is busy filling up the rest of my wall space.

Ok, now for the really fun stuff.  Saturday! Saturday we went to Wilmington!!! It was soooo much fun!  We got up at like 7 a.m. and headed out out at 8 since it was a three hour drive.  I am kinda an awesome driver though and made it in two and a half hours.  At noon we went on a tour of EUE / Screen Gems Studios where One Tree Hill (no pictures because it's illegal to take them on the tour) is filmed and where Iron Man 3 is going to be filmed here in a few months. The best part of the tour was listing to the two crazed fans who were freaking out about being in Brooke's bedroom and Tric.  At one point when we were walking off of the set of Haley and Nathan's house said, and I quote, "Oh my God! I can't believe I'm walking out Haley and Nathan's front door!!" FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! I was holding back laughter like you wouldn't believe! Anyway, after that we headed to Wrightsville and chilled on the beach for about two hours and began the journey home.  We got home around  8 and got up the next morning at 4 to head to the airport.

 I want to live there!!!
 Homework on the beach.




Break pretty much ended there and Sunday evening the madness ensued.  Papers galore!  Now all I want is another beautiful day in Wilmington... by myself.  I could use a day to myself at this point!

Dinner time. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment