College student's priorities: sleep, food, sports, class. In that order.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bank Debacle Follow-up...

Samie-1 Bank-0

I WIN!  This wasn't the case last time, however.

About a month ago my bank called me and signed me up for a service without considering whether or not I actually wanted or even needed it.  It was a free trial so I wasn't charged for anything and wouldn't be for the first 30 days.  Nothing wrong with that right? Wrong.

After being signed up to participate in this trial I was told I could call and cancel in the next thirty days and not be charged anything.  I, of course, not want the service, called three or four days later and canceled the service; well, I tried.  The operator who picked up the phone refused to let me cancel this unnecessary service until I read some useless paperwork that was mailed to California (I live in North Carolina now).  Needless to say I told my parents to let me know as soon as the paperwork got there so I could then call and fight with the customer service rep again.

Great, you're caught up.  Now I can tell you about my encounter today with this customer service rep.  I call ready to fight a war.  I had my stern voice going that says "step back and recognize who you talkin' to!"  I was completely ready to fight the good fight and win my battle.  The lady asked why I was calling (despite me pressing 3 to let them know I wanted to cancel my service) and I told her I'd like to cancel my service because I don't need it and don't want it!  After asking a series of questions to verify my identity she asked why I wanted to cancel my service.  I responded with "Honestly, I'm a college student who doesn't want to pay $13 every month for a service I don't need."  Of course, I got a nice lady who probably thought I was a complete ass because I was so stern and she was very understanding... At any rate, I still won!  No matter how rude I may have come across as being, my service is canceled and I don't have to deal with the annoying emails from the bank that are filling up my inbox.

SUCCESS! Kiss me bum, bank!  

No comments:

Post a Comment