College student's priorities: sleep, food, sports, class. In that order.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Roommate or Arranged Marriage?

Being assigned a roommate is like being assigned a spouse.  I'm becoming more and more aware of this realization everyday...

Don't get me wrong, my roommate and I get along, but she can be really annoying at times, most of the time.  We are just two very different people.  I was thinking about it the other day and though I initially didn't think I was going to be able to deal with her for a whole year or even a whole semester, I am finding myself to tolerate her presence more.  Part of this toleration was found because I have now known her long enough to make fun of her, at appropriate times, or just bluntly tell her to stop when she is being dumb.  I have to do the latter a lot.  You see, I am pure athlete and not stupid and she is pure not athlete and kinda dumb at times.  At least, she makes stupid decisions on the frequent.  We just aren't the same.

On the other end of the roommate spectrum (the side that doesn't deal with pure personality), she is a lot messier than me.  I know what you're thinking parentals, "WHO KNEW?!"  I didn't know it was possible either.  You see, I'm the kid who grew up not knowing what my bedroom floor looked like because it was always covered in an assortment of toys, clothes, and trash.  However, now that I live in a dorm room where there is no escape from the clutter, I keep everything clean and organized for the most part.  If I didn't I'd go batty!  But seriously, back to my roommate, she is kinda sorta really messy most of the time.  Not to the extent of having her clothes flung about the room, but she definitely doesn't clean her dishes (my dishes, I bought them) on the regular.  I suppose I can't complain about this though because at least she spays the bathroom after she rips a deuce of explosive proportions in there! She has that common courtesy down!  She also has the common courtesy of going home every weekend and almost everyday so I get a few hours of sanity in between the madness that is my roommate.  Thanks for that Sara.

On the other hand my roommate is great for drowning out the silence because she is never quite, that is, unless she has just broken up with her boyfriend for the millionth time (we've only been in school for a month and a half I might add) and she is tearing his stuff off of the wall and from her drawers.  But hey, her loud mouth does bring some smiles to my face from the sheer silliness that pours from it most times. Seriously, she isn't the brightest crayon in the box all the time.

So, what are you supposed to conclude from this rant? That's up to you... You now know more about what I'm dealing with here and why I so often come to my blog for relief from the insanity in my life.  Well, not really relief, more like it's just a place to be pissed and make my dad laugh because he thinks I'm just so funny (fyi: I am).  All I can say after this is thanks mom and dad for not arranging a marriage for me or forcing me into rooms with people I'm not fond of.  That would suck!

Ok I'm done writing because there is no way I can hold my bladder for any longer. I HAVE TO PEE!

Samie

PS: The caf food wasn't that bad today incase anyone cared.

No comments:

Post a Comment