College student's priorities: sleep, food, sports, class. In that order.

Friday, September 16, 2011

An Ode to Caf Food

Ah Caf food.  How I hate thee dearly.  Why must you tease me with your aesthetically pleasing entrées?

For real though, your food always looks really good and turns out tasting like poop! Don't ask me how I know what poop tastes like because I won't have an answer for you; just a glare that begs the question "Seriously? You're that person?" and the statement, "You now have permission to leave my presence for the remainder of the day!"

This week has been especially bad in the caf.  Almost every meal sucked butt big time!  I don't know that one could call any of the meals food, but the kitchen staff swears it is.  I'm not convinced.  One would think the food served in a college dining hall would be at least a little bit healthy, to avoid the dreaded freshmen fifteen, and most importantly edible; especially since we live in dorm rooms without access to a kitchen to make our own food, unless in a microwave, if we so desire.  As a result of this insanity, I often find myself eating salads for many meals (today that was even bad) or indulging in Ramen Noodles or a Hot Pocket of some sort.  Not exactly what I call healthy or necessary if we could have more consistently good meals.

The sub-par meals are bad, but what's worse is being teased with an outrageously good meal every once in a while.  For example, the other day for dinner we had our choice of fish sticks or chicken sandwiches with either tater-tots, potato chips, or mashed potatoes.  It was fantastic!  I chose the chicken sandwich and tater-tots.  I also indulged in some cottage cheese, even though my friend poked fun at me for it.  The rockie road ice cream for dessert was killer and left very happy as I left the caf! It was superb, and I was throughly bummed when I went in this morning to crappy eggs and sausage for breakfast, followed by an array of less than satisfactory pastas for lunch (and gross salad), and a kinda okay pizza dish for dinner.

All in all, caf, you have failed me again today, and all week for that matter.  Here's to a couple of good meals mixed in with the junk, and the hope of some fantastic food in the next week!

Enjoy your glorious food!
Samie

No comments:

Post a Comment